Who we are
The OAL Task Force brings together community members from local and corporate businesses, nonprofit community-based organizations, and the district to provide strategy and direction for the Oakland Renaissance
OAL Task Force Goals
- Leverage City of Oakland and OUSD partnerships to create pilot programs in schools and at recreation centers.
- Maximize usage and availability of public and private facilities for programming.
- Develop intentional, comprehensive training programs for all youth-facing members of the community, both employees and volunteers.
- Measure and report the impact of the programs and interventions.
- Engage the community to raise awareness and funding for programs.
- Develop and invest in grassroots efforts to engage, support, and recognize a trained coaching corps for the next generation of youth.
- Identify sustainable support for collaboration and financial growth to scale.
When We Meet
Usually the 3rd Friday of each month at 12 pm in the OAL Office. Meeting announcements are posted on the OAL Middle Schools Newsletter and on the OAL Middle School websites.
Oakland Athletic LeagueBoosters 2020-21 Meeting Schedule
(All meeting will be held by the Oakland Athletic League Office virtually)
- TBD: Coaches’ Appreciation Dinner
Our goal at the OAL is to ensure that Oakland youth have a wholistic student-athlete experience, including having adequate equipment, multiple coaches’ stipends, academic supports, officials, uniforms, transportation, Athletic Assistant & Athletic Trainers for all sites. Currently, the cost to operate a fully functioning OAL Middle School Athletic Program is approximately $180,000. OUSD provides a minimal budget to cover Coaches Stipends, Facility Cost & Referees. One of the OAL Taskforce’s responsibilities is to bridge the gap between OUSD funds and what is needed to take our league to the next level by raising the other additional funds.
The Oakland Athletic League Middle School Task Force Sports Industry & Careers Pathway is a sponsored project of the Oakland Public Education Fund, a nonprofit education organization. Contributions on behalf of the Task Force may be made payable to The Oakland Public Education Fund and are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law.”
Checks can be dropped off to the Ed Fund offices at:
520 3rd Street Suite 109 in Oakland’s Jack London Square.
Checks can be mailed to the Ed Fund:
THE OAKLAND PUBLIC EDUCATION FUND PO BOX 71005 | OAKLAND, CA | 94612.
*Please indicate the name of the project in the Memo line of the check.
For questions regarding your donations, email: firstname.lastname@example.orgDONATE »
Corporate Sponsor Program
Oakland Athletic League Task Force would like to promote your business at our home athletic events. All proceeds from our sponsorship program will be used to support the Oakland Athletic Program. If you would like to partner with Oakland Athletic League Task Force just download the packet below. If you have any questions, please contact Lamont Robinson, OAL Asst. Commissioner, email@example.com.
Let’s work together to support all of our wonderful student-athletes!
To volunteer or to find out more details about fundraising, please contact one of the Oakland Athletic League Task Force executive committee members.